2014 SUBMISSION INFORMATION
No longer accepting submissions for our 2014 program
Interested in showing your work at the Marfa Film Festival? Please read the following guidelines carefully.
We accept Narratives, Documentaries, Animated Films, and Music Videos of any genre, addressing any topic. Films must screen within defined runtimes, detailed below. Marfa Film Festival places no restriction on an entry’s production date or premier status. We also welcome abandoned classics from decades past and never before seen indies.
- Narrative Features must be at least 60 minutes and no more than 190 minutes.
- Narrative Shorts may not exceed 59 minutes.
- Documentary Features must be at least 60 minutes and no more than 190 minutes.
- Documentary Shorts may not exceed 59 minutes.
- Animated Features must be at least 60 minutes and may not exceed 190 minutes.
- Animated Shorts may not exceed 59 minutes.
- Music Videos may not exceed 10 minutes.
We can accept entries by post or online using WithoutABox (WAB). WithoutABox submissions pay a discounted submission fee. Download and complete a Marfa Film Festival submission form for mail-in non-WAB entries.
Mail submissions to:
PO BOX 817
Marfa, TX 79843
Deadlines & Fees
Early Bird Deadline November 5, 2013
Regular Deadline March 20, 2014
Late Deadline March 27, 2014
Extended Deadline April 1, 2014 – WAB ONLY